The Lord calls every one of us to a special vocation. With the recent canonization of our foundress and the ever increasing population of older persons, the invitation to be Little Sister of the Poor is ever more relevant. Saint Jeanne Jugan often said, “What happiness for us, to be a Little Sister of the Poor!” We feel the same way today and we are eager to share our joy with other young women.
Don’t hesitate, if you feel the attraction! Call Sr. Patrice (860-741-0791) or e-mail enLSP@littlesistersofhtepoor.org and she will gladly walk the discernment path with you.
We are close enough to St. Ann’s Novitiate that you could visit and meet the generous young women who have begun the formation process.
Steps you might take in discerning whether God is calling you to follow Saint Jeanne Jugan as a Little Sister of the Poor:
- Pray for an open heart.
- Check out our national website to read more about our consecrated life and our mission of hospitality to the elderly poor.
- Arrange to visit St. Joseph’s Residence for Mass, or another moment of prayer, and a tour of the Home.
- Volunteer some of your time with the elderly.
- Attend one of our discernment retreats. Several are held at different locations around the country throughout the year.
- Consider a summer service placement; click here for more details (PDF)
To encounter Christ in prayer, to serve him in the poor with love — that is the joyful life of a Little Sister of the Poor.