St. Joseph's Residence is located in a scenic and historic area of Northern Connecticut very close to the Massachusetts border.
We welcome needy elderly into a home-like atmosphere, providing a continuum of care from residential care through skilled nursing.
Residents come from any race, religion, ethnic background or national origin.
Little Sisters and staff work closely with family members to assure Residents’ security, respect and dignity as they face the challenges and gifts of long life. We do this by offering a program of holistic, spiritually centered care which includes:
- round the clock presence of the Little Sisters, directly involved in each Resident’s care
- single room accommodations with private bathrooms
- assistance with daily living, according to individualized care plans
- full range of medical, social and therapeutic services
- varied social, recreational and creative activities
- a caring and dedicated staff, several of whom have followed their parents in our Home’s employ, some who have been here over 25 years
- a full pastoral program
- nutritious meals prepared onsite and served in homelike dining areas
- coffee shop and snacks
- compassionate end-of-life care characterized by constant presence and assistance of family
The Admission process generally begins with a visit to the Home and interview with the Social Worker. If you are interested in residency in our home, please contact Joan Nielson at (860) 741-0791 ext. 1870 or e-mail email@example.com.